24 March 2010

Bangkok and the 'Reds'

I am expecting friends from Hong Kong this weekend. I am supposed to tour them around downtown Bangkok, the wats, the klongs, and the what-have-yous. This Saturday's big 'Red' rally (Thailand's UDD political group) may put a big dent on our plans especially since one of the targeted areas is Samut Prakarn, that's where my place is. Will we have to brush shoulders with the 'Reds' this Saturday and Sunday just so we can go around Bangkok? There are a lot of areas to visit though, those that are away from the targeted rally areas but as of now, I am quite tired to think of options - and I am getting tired of the 'Reds'. I understand though that holding these rallies is still within their constitutional rights especially since they were able to hold 'peaceful' rallies recently. What I really wanna say is, "Can we PLEASE get on with it? Move on?!?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment