23 March 2010

15 years ago

(This blog appears in my Friendster blog, tabula rasa undone ... my not so explored passion, more than a year ago. It consists of questions that I answered 2 days before I turned 31.)

27, September 2008

15 years ago

Filed under: Uncategorized — cristyjones @ 4:39 am

27 September 2008

(I’ll be 31 years old the day after tomorrow. Yahoo!)

15 years ago, it was 1993. Take this survey, post the results, and see how many things have changed since then

1) How old were you?

THEN: 16

NOW: 30 (Well, I’ll turn 31 the day after tomorrow – can you believe that?)

2) Where did you go to school?

THEN: University of San Carlos

NOW: I’m an independent, tax-paying, working woman :-)

3) Where did you work?

THEN: I did not work. I was so enjoying my role as a student.

NOW: at an international school in the Kingdom of Siam

4) Where did you live?

THEN: Cebu

NOW: The Kingdom of Siam

5) How was your hairstyle?

THEN: (one length) naturally straight black hair that was shoulder length

NOW: still a one-length hairstyle (well below my shoulders) that’s recently permed straight (re-bonded) and oh, I’m contemplating having it cut in a layered style with bangs – haha (as per advise by Christine Zara)

6) Did you wear braces?

THEN: no (though I thought they looked cool but upon knowing of a friend’s discomfort over her new braces, I chased the thought away)

NOW: no, never did

7) Did you wear contacts?

THEN: no

NOW: no (though I wore contacts about 5 – 6 years back but had problems due to astigmatism)

8 ) Did you wear glasses?

THEN: yes

NOW: yes – the world would be literally a blur without my glasses

9) Who was your best friend?

THEN: Ianne (Where are you now?)

NOW: my mom and my two sisters

10) Which of your pets were still alive?

THEN: I didn’t have pets then

NOW: I used to have – Ting, a lab – but he passed away 8 Sept this year (I miss you, Ting.)

11) Who was your boyfriend/girlfriend?

THEN: none

NOW: none still – haha!

12) Who was your celebrity crush?

THEN: Chad Lowe – haha! Yeah! After watching Nobody’s Perfect, I was hooked on him for quite some time

NOW: Mike Rowe – yes, the Dirty Jobs guy; Ami James of Miami Ink – he’s so hot and has a BIG heart; AND Anderson Cooper – imagine those eyes looking at no one but you – WOW - and I don't care if he's gay!

13) Who was your regular-person crush?

THEN: Jojo – haha!

NOW: secret! Haha! Basta he makes my day worthwhile WHEN I see him and see him smile :-)

14) How many piercing did you have?

THEN: 2

NOW: 2

15) How many tattoos did you have?

THEN: none

NOW: none still – though I’m thinking of getting one, I just cannot decide yet. Maybe I’ll bust all my savings and have Ami James do the tattoo for me – hehehe.

16) Who was your favorite band/singer?

THEN: The Carpenters and Chicago – I broke two cassette tapes because I kept playing their songs

NOW: David Cook (?) Kenny G and Kenny Loggins

17) Had you smoked cigarettes?

THEN: yes – but just one puff and it was WITH consent from papa – just to get over my curiosity

NOW: not for many, many years, AMEN!

18) Had you gotten drunk?

THEN: no

NOW: not recently – haha! Honestly, I swore off drinking alcohol with friends for almost two years now though I buy 2 cans of beer every time I buy my groceries for the month but only to have something for the cramps I occasionally get during my period. And if the cramps don’t come, I consume the 2 cans on a Friday night, on separate Friday nights – alone :-)

19) Had you DRIVEN?

THEN: sure! A motorcycle and a bicycle.

NOW: not since I moved to Thailand – I’m a happy passenger here and I’m enjoying it. Besides, i think I need a lot of time to get to used to right-hand drive vehicles. There were many times when I still get disoriented and ask myself, “Why is the driver on the wrong side of the road?” and then I remember, “Oh, it’s KEEP LEFT here. LEFT!” :-)

20) Looking back, are you where you thought you would be in 2008?

At sixteen years old, all I want to do is finish school, work, and live independently. Even at a young age, I was secretly harboring the dream of going to places thus I was so interested in reading and imagined the places described in whatever it was that I’m reading. Now, I finally get to realize it and what is more exciting is I’m doing things on my own, in a foreign country, doing my best to create my chances and make responsible choices. I’m immeasurably happy with what’s happening now and with what’s to come. So yes, I’m pretty much where I thought I would be: self-sufficient and happily single. Thank you, God! Ave Maria!

Allez!

* Take the same survey. Just copy and paste and change the answers. It’s pretty cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment