23 March 2010

Moving Out - Part 1

(This blog appears in my Friendster blog, tabula rasa undone ... my not so explored passion, more than two years ago. I never did got around to writing Moving Out - Part II but obviously I fared well. I am now living in my 3rd 'home' as an independent woman - this time overseas.)



2 September 2007

Moving Out - Part 1

Filed under: justaboutanything — cristyjones @ 6:34 am

I just finished part I of my packing. I’m moving out of my "home" of 5 years and moving in to a new place ten minutes away from school. I just found it senseless to wake up very early each morning and drive 40-45 minutes to school. The added traffic this school year, with the opening of the new site of a local school, definitely was THE major contributor in my decision to move. And so, I have to pack… which is no easy task considering the things that I have collected through the 5 years. A big chunk of these "things" were really the books, oh, my books. Tsk, tsk, tsk. I don’t wanna pack them in boxes because I’m too lazy to unpack them again. And so I started with the "small" things. And this took me almost two hours. When I surveyed my work after, the pile of trash was more than the pile that I’m going to take with me. Tsk, tsk, tsk - drives home the point of not keeping things which you thought will prove to be useful in the future. Did I strike a chord? Hehehehe.

I still have 13 days to prepare for the big move, though. And honestly, right now, I don’t wanna think about packing anymore - it just takes so much…

No comments:

Post a Comment