23 March 2010

The Sorcerer

(This blog appears in my Friendster blog, tabula rasa undone ... my not so explored passion, more than two years ago. This was written at a time when I thought I understood about relationships and their endings but it turned out that I still had some bitterness in me so I just had to let it out. When I look back now, those were really good experiences: the relationship and everything that happened after. I can no longer remember most of the emotions that led me to write the words below, though. What I do remember is there is a huge time gap between my writing this and the time I posted this first in my Friendster blog.)

1 June 2007

The Sorcerer

Filed under: justaboutanything — cristyjones @ 7:09 pm

Thoughts of her never calmed me

I have always been uneasy

When I learned about her

Something’s just not right

It didn’t click right

And true enough things

Started their downhill ride

And you turned to her

Things were becoming bleak

For me as each day passes

Until I lost you – though not totally – yet

Still she continues to wield her power

Widening the chasm between us

And then she used her best potion – friendship

She cons me into admitting

That times with you were the best

And she used this knowledge

To permanently pull us apart

Yet despite her charm, despite her subtle ways

I managed to look through to her

And I saw that her purpose

Is to wreak havoc

To our lives

And leaves us to pick up the pieces

But I can’t – not totally

Because she left me with a curse

She took you away from me…

Forever…

And still you believe her…

The sorcerer…


No comments:

Post a Comment