02 May 2010

Nang Panyang and Ate Jane in the Land of Smiles

Nang Panyang and Ate Jane finally came to visit me in Bangkok! They are from HongKong and have been working there for well over 2 decades. They were very gracious to me when I went to Hongkong during September of last year that is why their coming here made me happy as I can repay, to some extent, their generosity. Nang Panyang and my family went back a long way. She took care of me for a very short time when I was still a toddler and the bond that she had with our family was not broken with her leaving. She went to HongKong almost 2 decades ago to try her luck and she was blessed to meet Ate Jane, a fellow Cebuana, who worked in a bank, and who is married to a Hongkongnese. They are a good combination of two generations and I learned a lot from them.

Here are some of the photos I took of them and a link to my Facebook album documenting their visit can be found after the last photo. Enjoy!


caught in river taxi traffic at Damnoen Saduak Floating Market

about to have our breakfast of bami nam moo (pork noodles) - YUM!

on our way to Damnoen Saduak Floating Market on a river taxi

wacky poses - Wat Arun in the background

Ate Jane in Wat Arun

Nang Panyang with two of the 'guards' in the Wat Pho complex

Ate Jane putting in her 20 baht in exchange for a bowl of coins for merit-making

Nang Panyang with the Leaning Buddha in the background



Here's the link to my Facebook album:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=199616&id=743294883&op=6


Ave Maria!

No comments:

Post a Comment