16 November 2009

Rest in peace, Pairin!

It is a sad day at school today and will remain so for the next days. This afternoon, we were informed by our head of school that we lost a student due to a car accident last night and another is fighting for his life in the intensive care unit. The student who died was Pairin, a charming and diligent Grade 9 student. She was my Physical Science student this year and two things always come to mind when I think about her: her smile and her crying (early in the school year) during one of my classes because she was deeply troubled by a problem with one of her friends. From that experience I came to see her as a passionate individual - someone who values friends. And it is sad that we lost her. I do believe that she will become one of our angels - one of those priceless diamonds sparkling in the sky. Pairin, may you rest in peace!

(The student in the intensive care unit, Rick, an 11th grader, is also currently one of my Chemistry students. He is smart, soft-spoken, and very respectful. I am looking forward to the day when I can again see the dimples on his cheeks when he smiles. I pray that he will bear this storm and join us again.)

May the Holy Triune God live in our hearts and in the hearts of all peoples, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment